I can’t remember the last time I purchased a new bagged costume. Even before I knew how bad “disposable” costumes were (learn more in this article) I liked to create my own by piecing together a look with items that I already have in my closet. Depending on the costume idea I sometimes needed to thrift a prop or two but they usually never cost me more than $10!
This year I really waited till the last minute to figure out what to be so I decided to get creative with what I had and I quickly came up with 5 fun looks. I made a quick little video showing each of the looks that I shared on IGTV and had so many ask where some of the pieces I wore are from, so I thought I would link them all below!
Someone commented saying this look reminded them of Angelica’s mom from the Rugrats and I’m 100% okay with that!
- Black Blazer – thrifted (similar version)
- Black tee – Everlane
- Trousers – thrifted (similar version)
- Shoes – Everlane Modern Loafer
- Bag – Behno
- Leather jacket – thrifted (similar version)
- White tee – Everlane pocket tee
- Pants – Everlane high-rise curvy fit (literally the best jeans I’ve ever found)
- Boots – Doc Marten’s
90’s Sports Mom
- Striped tee – Tradlands sold out (similar version)
- Sweater – Everlane ReNew Fleece
- Jeans – vintage Levi’s (similar version)
- Shoes: Everlane Tread Sneakers
The look is complete with a trash jar and all the reusables you could ever need!
- Sweater – thrifted
- Pants – thrifted (similar version)
- Shoes – Rothy’s made from recycled plastic duh
- Reusables – Keep Cup + Klean Kanteen
- Faux fur coat – thrifted (similar versions)
- Crocheted top – Atoyle Ren Maya tank
- Pants – Curators painter pant
- Boots – M. GEMI Corsa boot
My costumes over the years
Top row left to right:
- Organic Carrot – I made my hat and dyed a thrifted shirt and jeans!
- Elvis – Thrifted Elvis costume and my hair took me like an hour! (last years costume)
- Ozzy Osborne -This may be my favorite costume ever? Why yes, I do have a bat in my mouth to give it that authentic vibe.
*A little brag about the Ozzy costume- I thrifted a pair of Doc Martens for this costume that was a few sizes too big for me so I ended up reselling them for 3 times what I paid so this costume actually made me money!
Bottom left to right:
- Witch – using all vintage pieces that I already had plus a lot of hair product + makeup (this one is circa 2011 I think?)
- Lumberjack – Okay second favorite was this one! The husband is Prison Mike from The Office if you can’t tell!
To see my most recent outfits, check out my Instagram @jesswithless
*Some of these links contain affiliate links in which I earn a commission if you make a purchase, this is at no extra charge to you but helps me run this page! Thank you so much for your support as a reader and follower of Jess with Less!